Sunday, November 4, 2012

life, lately

Sadly, I've realized that I'm not what you would call a "fan of October". This fact, by itself is strange to admit seeing as how I love pumpkin patches and gold leaves and cool afternoon breezes-- all of which characterize October in Utah.

Last year, my health deteriorated during October until I landed in the hospital on Halloween Eve.
The year before that my life was turned upside down when my mom was diagnosed with cancer at the beginning of October and spent almost the whole month in the Huntsman Cancer Center.

How can two once-in-a-lifetime events color my view of a month so dramatically?

This October was marked by hitting my 2 month being married mark; being married has been fab.u.lous.! I also hit my stress high water mark until I realized that everything I felt like was out of my hands (ie EVERYTHING) really is out of my hands and there's nothing I can do about it except keep moving.

Good news: We found a renter for the condo! Major phew!! It was empty for one month- a month in which we still had to pay for everything without any subsidies. We bought a new fridge for it, bought new carpet, and repainted. I'm glad that it's all over and we can stop stressing over that part of our lives.

We finally updated our website for the business and can accept credit cards now.. huge relief knowing it's workable
(www.cowbungacraft.com)

M and I were asked to be on the ward Christmas party committee (our ward just chooses couples to work on parties), which is the only assignment I've been given since moving into the ward 3 months ago. I don't even have a visiting teaching route because when I moved in I was told it would be too complicated to add me into their system. I don't have visiting teachers either.

No comments:

Post a Comment