Thursday, October 3, 2013

confession

I had never made a loaf of bread from scratch in my life... until today.

Hubby has been craving homemade bread and since we haven't been grocery shopping in a while and ran out of store bought bread last week, I decided to try my hand at it. After consulting my dear friend, Pinterest, I ran across 1 hour bread from  http://cookiescakespiesohmy.com/2012/09/12/one-hour-homemade-bread/

It really did take about an hour after I finished mixing the dough. And even mixing wasn't too hard, even while holding a baby on one arm and measuring with the other!

(Who can resist this face? Even making bread couldn't entice me to put her down until I had to!)


But I digress. I mixed my dough, laid it out on the counter to shape for the pans, stuck the dough in the pans, let the loaves rise for 25 min, baked for 30 min and viola!

 I made cookie dough last night and left it in my mixer's bowl, so I had to do cookies before I could mix my bread... doesn't the bread look good?!

 Hubby was impressed and had to hurry to coat the top with butter (or margarine, if we're being technical!)


Dinner!
It's a "non big kid week" so we pretty much eat whatever we feel like-- even if it's just bread and oatmeal cookies!
**********
(side note: have you ever noticed that at WalMart, the aisle with bread also contains tea and jelly? At first I wondered why, but then I remember that it's a perfectly natural combination! Sing with me now "Tea with jam and bread with jam and bread with jaaaaaaaaaam and breeeeeeeeead!"  In case you missed the reference, it's from "The Sound of Music". Sorry for being random! The picture reminded me of this epiphany I had a couple of months ago and my brain started singing the song!)

1 comment:

  1. We watched The Sound of Music on Saturday at dad's!!! :)

    ReplyDelete